Friday, May 21, 2010

Bonus round

My goodness, it's been a week or so since I posted.  We have a lot of photos to catch up on!

First, the back of my sweater is finished and perhaps, 1/5th of the front. 





I have been knitting on this seemingly forever (yes, I am whining now).  I'm sure it will be a nice sweater to wear, but I am ready to knit something else now.

Paulette and I were busy yesterday.  We both took vacation (Paulette only in the morning) to protest one of the candidates for governor.  He is riding his Harley motorcycle around the state, supposedly to promote tourism.  We're not buying that.  Anyhow, here are some pictures:






My creation to help protest.  The dollar store was my friend for this occasion.

I had a pleasant afternoon yesterday.  It was 80 degrees outside, so I sat in one of the adirondack chairs in our yard and knit for about an hour.  I also finally put my turtlenecks away and got my summer clothing out.  It's about time too, since it's supposed to be 87 degrees on Sunday.  Time to crank up the A/C!

I took pictures of the flowers in our yard:



One of the peonies in the front garden.




Iris along the fence.




Anemones along the fence.  Please ignore the grass.  Yes, we need to weed here.  It's a never-ending job.


And, finally we end with a picture of Churchill taking a nap:



No comments: