Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Meet the Yarn Pig

This is the Yarn Pig:



It eats yarn. Or it seemed like it when I was knitting it. This baby (before felting=BF) was 2 feet long. It shrunk to half that size after it was felted. I used the felted "No rules bag" pattern, with the modification of a ruffle on the top. It is knitted in the largest size of the pattern. It's driving me nuts that there are no pockets anywhere in the thing. (See previous post today) I am going to knit a pocket that is 1/2 the size of the front, or 44 stitches BF. I am also adding a teeny ruffle to the top of the pocket. I want a pocket inside for my cell phone also, so that I don't have to hunt it down when it's ringing. I will cast on about 33 stitches for that one. I want the pockets to be approximately square. I hope they turn out sort of square, because you never know how something will turn out after it's felted. The whole thing is made out of Patons Soy Wool Stripes in Natural Pink. I was going to line it with material to add pockets inside, but that didn't work out. I guess this will work okay. Oink oink, says the Yarn Pig. More yarn, please.

No comments: