Monday, September 8, 2008

Report from the Sheep and Wool Festival

Paulette and I had a glorious time at the Sheep and Wool Festival. We went there to go to the Country Marketplace. There were two buildings of fiber and yarn, knitting, crocheting and spinning wheels.

I bought:






This is a wool batting for needle felting. I was attracted to not only the colors, but the blue sparkles in it.



Here is the scary looking tool you use on it:






I also bought a kit from one of our Knit Night knitters, Patty, who has an alpaca farm, Apple Orchard Alpacas (she had a booth at the Festival). The funny thing is the pattern in the kit for a pair of gloves was designed by Vicki, another Knit Night knitter! Her website is: Heartland Knits.







I also found patterns for beaded cable mittens and a hat that I have been wanting for a while now.

My yarn for my Penny Straker sweater came in at Yarns By Design. Here's a picture:





I also cast on a new project on my break at work Friday morning. They are the River Rapids socks which I am making out of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the Goldrush colorway. They are very fall-y.




I saved the best for last.


Here are pictures of my finished shawl:
















It gots lots of love at the Sheep and Wool Festival. I had it on and off so much that I was really glad I had not attached it with my shawl pin. When we were getting into the car to leave, an older woman practically ordered me across the lot to look at my shawl. It was kind of funny.

2 comments:

Happily Knit said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! way to go!

(ps I miss you.)

Vicki said...

Is that batt from the Hooked on Felt booth? I had to get one of those, too, but I'm going to spin mine.

Once again, your shawl is lovely!