Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lots of stuff...

My shawl has about 1/8 of the border left. Here's Jeffy laying on the "fancy blanket" he thinks Mom is making for him:




I can't wait until it's done! It's knit night tonight, so the knitting may be finished tonight. I bought some foam interlocking floor mats to use to block it on at Target.


Paulette and I went to a meeting in Madison on Friday. After we were done, we took a little trip to Verona to The Sow's Ear yarn shop. Of course, we both bought yarn we really don't need:




This is Misti Alpaca handpaint fingering weight. It is destined to become gloves for me.




This is Misti Alpaca handpaint laceweight, to be used for another shawl.

Paulette and I worked all day on Labor Day at the Winnebago County Labor Council's annual picnic. It was nutso busy. We had to keep going to the store to get more food. My feet still hurt. Here are some pictures from the picnic:




On the left is our friend Jessica King, who's running for Wisconsin State Senate in the 18th District, who helped us serve food for a fair part of the day. On the right is AFSCME Local 579's Vice President, Karen Reiter. (Paulette is President of AFSCME Local 579 and I am secretary).




This is our friend, Gordon Hintz, who is the Wisconsin 54th Assembly District Representative talking to the picnic attendees.

Two of the "Chefs of the day" were Larry Lautenschlager and Tom Manske of AFSCME Local 48.
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may remember that Larry was the subject of "Weinergate" in the Paulette and Sara household. See my post from September 3, 2007. And get your mind out of the gutter.

Yesterday I received the Outstanding Performance Award at work in front of the beginning of the school year faculty/staff assembly. Hmm, now I just have to figure out where to spend the $500 that comes with the plaque. Can you say, yarn store?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! Spend your money any way you want! You deserve it!

Love,
Mama and Donna