Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's time for politics

Paulette and I are now on leave from our jobs until two days after election day to help with local and national campaigns. There are always a lot of events to go to once it gets close to election day. Yesterday we went to a "Vote early" rally at UW Oshkosh where John Kerry was speaking on behalf of Barack Obama.




After the speechifying he led the crowd down to City Hall where folks voted early. (Paulette and I voted on Monday). Gordon Hintz, our 54th Assembly District representative and Jessica King, who is running for the 18th Wisconsin Senate District also spoke (they are both our friends).

We were there with our brothers and sisters of (mostly) AFSCME Local 579.




There is lots of work to do. Ugh. We helped run a literature drop last Saturday at the Dem. headquarters in Oshkosh. It was a long day.
On Sunday my family came to Oshkosh to celebrate my mother's birthday (which is actually the 18th of October). Happy birthday, Mom!!
The fun never stops. Yesterday when I was coming out to my car at the grocery store, I noticed the strap holding my muffler on was hanging off. I pushed it back over to sort of hold my muffler and now it's in the shop getting fixed. I'm currently trapped at home, since Paulette is at a Labor/Management meeting in Fond du Lac. Hence the writing on my blog.
I am up to the fingers on my last fall glove. Yippee. Maybe I'll get to wear them soon. I also need to type out the pattern, since Paulette wants to make the same gloves. I hope I can decipher my handwriting so that I can do that. She has kindly volunteered to be my test knitter. Knit Night is tonight--nothing gets in the way of Knit Night. We will be DVR-ing the last presidential debate, which we will watch later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working on the election you say? Then, perhaps you can help me out: I registered to vote in the primaries last spring. I haven't moved since. . .I don't need to re-register, do I?

DPN girl said...

You don't need to re-register. Just go to your regular polling place on election day or better still, go down to City Hall and vote NOW to avoid the long lines that are likely on Nov. 4.

Anonymous said...

I voted on Monday at City Hall too! It is just so much easier and faster than waiting, plus our voting poll is across the river!

Sorry to hear about your sick car...

(My vertigo is getting somewhat better, but I think I may be catching a cold...)

Love,
Donna