Monday, January 12, 2009

A little better

We are doing a little better than my last post. We still miss Jeffy terribly--the we includes Churchill. Churchill's blood glucose has been way better than it has been in a long time. We don't know if it's the new insulin or that Churchill is just missing Jeffy or the new dry food he's got. Unfortunately, his blood glucose was 48 this morning at 5:30 (not good--nornal is between 80-120). We managed to get it to raise to 105 or so and hour later. Poor Billy. He seemed okay the whole time. Unfortunately, this makes me extra nervous to leave him alone while we go away.

Churchill met his new cat sitter, Julie Gibson, who has a pet sitting service that comes to your home when you're going to be gone. Her company is called Oshkosh Unleashed if you are interested. There's more information here as well. She will be taking care of Churchill while we are in New Orleans. I don't know if I would really have picked right now to go, but I could probably use a change of scenery anyhow.

On the knitting front: I am two inches away from decreasing for the sleeve tops of my cardigan. Yippee! The end is in sight. I am not using that for airplane knitting, since I don't want to be running into my seat mates with the ends of the needles. I will be starting a pair of socks to knit on the plane.

No comments: