Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ghosts of the sewing past

While looking in the basement for crocheting patterns (yes, I am also a "hooker"), I came across some sewing patterns I had forgotten about. They also are flood survivors--they want to live!




This one is a pattern from 1994. I wonder why I never made this. It's a lovely pattern.



This one is from 1993.

The one thing that bothers me about sewing patterns is that the sizing never seems true to my size. If I bought clothing in the same size that I have to buy sewing patterns in at Younkers or Macys, the manufactured clothing would be enormous on me.

Another thing that has kept me from sewing is the lack of fabric stores in Oshkosh. Also, fabric is really expensive to buy. It is much cheaper to buy clothing on sale. Sigh. But then we all look alike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And, pathetic as it seems to even mention it, WalMart is closing their fabric department.