Friday, September 4, 2009

Endings and beginnings

Wow. It's September. How did that happen?

Our garden is finally producing:



I finished my Norwegian Woods shawl:




I started a fluffy pink sweater:






Paulette bought a St. Francis statue to put in the memorial garden that I am going to make for our deceased furry friends:




Someone finally bought the house next door that has been for sale for at least 1 year. Yippee, it's going to be owner-occupied. No more renters on that side of the house. The lady who bought it is really nice. She wants to plant flowers and a garden. Her kids are going to live upstairs from her. The kids have two orange kittens. I hope we get to see the kittens.

I am looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. Monday is the Labor Day picnic. I will be an indentured servant for the day for our labor council, serving food and doing who knows what else. It makes me not look forward to Labor Day. Isn't Labor Day supposed to be a day to rest from your labors? Instead I am serving food to sometimes rude people. I just hate it. I always hope for rain so that the crowds won't be that big.


My payback is that I am taking next week Friday off and Paulette and I are going to the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. We are also going to Stitches Midwest next week Saturday. At least I have something to look forward to.


No comments: