Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday before a three day weekend

I am so happy it's Friday.  I survived working an entire week!  The next two weeks won't be full weeks. We have off for Martin Luther King Day on Monday, I have some special election inspector training next week Thursday and the next Monday (Jan. 25) is a furlough day.  We were going to go snowshoeing this next Monday, but with the warm weather melting the snow that probably isn't going to happen.  Guess I'll have to find some alternate diversion (knitting, perhaps?).

Anyhow, my sock is moving right along.  In fact, it's my picture of the day today:



It's turning out really pretty.  Unfortunately there's a black section coming up in the Noro yarn.  This won't provide any contrast so you won't see the pattern.  It's going to be removed when I get to it.  There's yellow in the skein after it.

Churchill has the right idea for today--I wish I were home taking a nap with him here:




Have a good weekend everyone!


No comments: