Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Where is the month going?

Wow, I can't believe it's May 20 already. Where has the time gone?

Paulette and I got the plants we bought on the weekend planted last night. We haven't bought annuals yet because it's still too cold out at night to put them out. If they die at the greenhouse, that's their problem. At least I won't have paid money for them yet. I also got the front garden weeded, which it has needed for a while now. I just haven't had the time to do it.

On the agenda for this weekend is buying tumbled patio bricks and making a small star shaped garden around the flagpole. With red, white and blue plants put into it, of course. Oh, and finishing up digging the garden along the fence. I only have part of the tall side fence to do yet.
Jeffy enjoyed his time outdoors in the backyard as well last evening. He likes to sit along the fence. I'm sure he will not be pleased with me when the garden extends all along the fenceline.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that the pussy willow bush in our backyard is now fully encased in bird netting with silver streamers tied to it (it's quite the sight!) and so far, it seems to have repelled the red wing blackbirds. Score: people 1, birds 1.
Paulette bought me this sock yarn from the Loopy Ewe online:


It is Paca-Peds HT from the Alpaca Yarn Company in color no. 607, Carribean Chocolate. It supposedly has separate heel and toe yarn to make the heels and toes both the same color. That should be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh darn, I haven't done any weeding or gardening yet...I hope to do something this weekend...you make me feel so inadequate...Mona and Missy are very jealous of Jeffy and his outdoor jaunts... they want to know if you'll take them out too? I'd like to see your pussy willow bush--must be a sight...

Love,
Donna