Saturday, November 15, 2008

Finally, a quiet weekend

We are having a lovely weekend. We met Paulette's sister Cheryl in Fond du Lac for breakfast. We then went to The Knitting Room, where I bought this:







The top yarn is Plymouth Happy Feet and the bottom stuff is Adriafil Knitcol, in a lovely Christmas-sy colorway. The Knitcol is a DK weight in superwash merino. It's lovely. I bought 4 balls. Don't know if it's destined to be socks or a scarf.

I also bought some lovely copper buttons for my sweater, which is coming along nicely. Here's the progress on the back:





Not bad for only 8 days of knitting!


Here's a picture of Ciara from our knitting group who we are teaching to knit. She made her first hat!

She is so proud of her new hat. We all applauded when she took it off the needles on Wednesday night.

Tomorrow holds more knitting and probably cleaning. I am switching my summer and winter clothes this evening as well as knitting on my sweater.
I don't know what I'll do on Monday--probably more knitting!
Tuesday the evil recount starts for our friend Jessica. After our training for the recount in Madison on Thursday, we went to visit friends who work in the state capital. They told us that watching a recount is like watching paint dry. They also thanked us for taking one for the team. Sigh. That doesn't give me much hope that this is going to be interesting. We'll see what happens.

No comments: