Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Overscheduling is not your friend

My sweater is finished!




If I were not so darned overscheduled in my life, it would not have taken me from November 7 until yesterday to finish it. It also has not helped being sick for over two weeks. (I am getting better) Rant over.


This sweater turned out so nicely. It's really warm. I could have used it in January. Oh well, it's done now.

I am now working on the socks I started for airplane knitting.




They are the Spring Forward socks from Knitty. I am using the Socks that Rock mediumweight yarn I bought at Stitches Midwest last year. The yarn is nice, but keeps winding back on itself something fierce when I am knitting. It's really annoying. I won't let that keep me from knitting them.

I bought this yarn in New Orleans at the Quarter Stitch:


It's Koigu KPPPM. I bought 3 skeins of it (that's 525 yards). I don't know what I'll knit with it yet. Maybe a scarf.
Churchill is doing okay. I think he is still in mourning for Jeffy, poor guy. He's getting better. He has been sleeping in Jeffy's chair sometimes. Not often, but sometimes.
I like snow and everything--I mean I snowshoe--but when is spring going to get here? I just don't want it to melt all the snow before Saturday. There is a candlelight snowshoe at one of the nearby state parks that we want to go to.
My niece, Beth, started classes at UW Oshkosh this week. It's really nice having a relative living in the same city as me again. I haven't had that since I was in my 20's. Welcome Beth!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sock yarn is super pretty, I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, your sweater is so pretty--there's nothing quite as nice as a hand-knit sweater. (I have sweater envy!)

Love,
Donna