The knitting on the sleeves was done on Friday. It took me most of the day on Saturday to do the finishing stuff, like knitting the neckband and buttonbands, sew the sleeves together and sew them into the armholes, and block it. Then there was the house cleaning to do. Oh, yeah, and we went to the grocery store as well.
Yesterday we worked outside in the afternoon. I got all of the leftover plants trimmed down. Paulette raked a lot of the lawn. I also cleaned out the pussy willow bush at the base. There were all sorts of leaves, etc., built up at the base of it. Last year it was providing summer cover for a bunch of yellowjackets and bald faced hornets. I didn't want that to happen again. The yard is now ready for growing season. I don't know what the deal is this year, but the daffodils and hyacinths in our yard are really beautiful.
Last evening I took my sweater off the blocking board and sewed the buttons on, which took me about an hour. The buttons are mother of pearl with a ridged design cut into the border. They were pretty expensive as far as buttons go, coming in at $1.05 each. I can't wait to wear it!