Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh, crap!

I completely missed my 1 year blogiversary on July 27. So happy anniversary, late, to my blog!!

I am leaving here in about 10 minutes to take the afternoon off. I need time off. I don't want to regret not taking all the time off I can when I get older. No one is going to say, gee, isn't that just cool that Sara never took any time off at all. I need time to rewind and be me!

I also sorely need a REAL vacation in the worst possible way. Probably not going to happen in the next few weeks, which is kind of upsetting.

Yesterday, I stayed home with Churchill, who when I tested his blood glucose at 5:30AM, was down to 31 on his meter. Normal glucose ranges for cats (and people too) are between 80-120. A level of 31 is on the way to dead. He's much better today--well, this morning when I tested him anyhow. The vet told us to keep him closer to 200 because it's so easy to drop them too low and hypoglycemia comes on really fast. Unfortunately now his levels will be really messed up for a while. He was 421 this morning, which, while not good, won't kill him as fast as too low will.

I had to deal with this all alone because Paulette is in San Francisco this week for the AFSCME International convention. She comes back this evening if her flight isn't delayed.

I could ask what else is going to happen while she's gone yet, but I don't want to tempt fate.

I'm outta here........

No comments: