Monday, August 25, 2008

Report on Stitches Midwest

The day dawned really early on Saturday (Crazy Aunt Purl calls it the "buttcrack of dawn")--Paulette and I were up at 4:30AM. We met Cheryl, Paulette's sister in Fond du Lac. Because of the early arising, we needed coffee, so a stop at the Fond du Lac Starbucks was in order. After much driving, Paulette, Cheryl and I arrived at Stitches Midwest in Schaumburg, IL. We got there right when the Marketplace opened-which was our LYS (for those of you who don't speak Ravelry language, that means local yarn store) of the day. I had never been there before--holy cow, what a lot of stuff in one place! It was like a big yarn store exploded there. I was in yarny heaven.

Here's the yarn I bought:




This is Qiviuk, from Windy Valley Muskox in Alaska. I went with this, which is a blend that includes qiviut, because it was a lot less expensive than pure qiviut. It is just as soft and lightweight as the qiviut.


I also found some sock yarn:




Like I don't have enough sock yarn in my stash. This is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock, in the Grimm's Willow Wren colorway. I love the yarn colorway name.


And lastly, for the yarn anyhow, we have:




This is beautiful 50% wool, 50% silk DK yarn that the picture does no justice at all to. It is gorgeous. It is from Brooks Farm in Texas.


I also bought some other things there:



This is a knitting needle bracelet!

I found a shawl pin:




And the same booth where I bought the knitting needle bracelet had these buttons:




All in all, a good day's shopping, don't you think?

1 comment:

Colorado Kutzik said...

Great shopping! I am sooo jealous, but I will be at the EGA Conference in Louisville next week and we have a full-day Boutique on Wednesday. hugs, Jennifer