Friday, September 21, 2007

Once more, it's Friday

It's Friday again aka the gateway to home improvement-land. My goal is to finish staining the fence this weekend so that I can concentrate on cute-ing up the inside of the house.

Along those lines, here is a picture of the Hoosier cabinet Paulette spent her money on for her birthday trip to the antique mall:


The pineapple wallpaper will soon be history, replaced by a lovely coat of soft yellow paint. We did not choose the wallpaper-it was there when we bought the place in May.

I also am going to make curtains from this material that I bought online from Ruby Lane:

Excuse the shiny-ness and tape mark--I was in a hurry and took the picture of the material while it was still in it's package. Hey, I had to get to work.

On the knitting front, I will be taking two pairs of socks up to Appleton to Iris Fine Yarns to display in their sock contest for "Socktober". They will be the "Rainy Day Socks" from MagKnits magazine online knitted from light aqua Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and the "Seduction socks" from Interweave Press knitted in Panda Cotton in a pastel blue/lavender/pink print.

I am still working on my current pair of socks. Maybe I'll even get some time to work on them this weekend in spite of home improvements!

Happy Autumn Equinox to everyone on Sunday!

No comments: