Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Welcome to Slackerville

Sorry for not posting for almost a week. I have been really busy at work and at home.

Paulette had a birthday last Saturday (9/15):



Paulette wanted to celebrate by (I'm not making this up) mowing the lawn and going to the antique mall. We also went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, The Chalice. Mmmm, nummy. I caulked the fence while Paulette mowed. She said she felt pretty good after the lawn was finished. It was her first complete lawn mowing since her surgery. The antique mall did damage to her bank account. She bought a small dresser for our bathroom and a Hoosier cabinet for the kitchen. We are redoing the kitchen in a 1920's to 1940's theme.

The fence is being stained little by little. It was a gorgeous day outside yesterday, and Paulette and I took the afternoon off work to begin staining the fence. It gets dark too quickly now to be able to do much after work outside. We used up a whole gallon of white stain on the fence. We got 2 more at Menards after supper. We'll see how much it takes to do the whole fence.



I gave up on knitting the pink sock. I don't know what my problem is, because the pattern is not technically difficult. Five times of starting over is my limit. I wish my yarn would come in for my shawl. It's what I really want to be knitting. Maybe that's my problem.

I began a new sock yesterday. It is the Crystalline Lattice sock (free pattern!) from Crystal Palace yarns. I am using Fortissima Socka Colori Disco in a beautiful teal and gray print with silver metallic yarn in it. I am working on the ribbing now--so far, so good.

Oh, my car is fixed I believe. It has been behaving itself and starting every time.

Today is Wednesday and that means Knit Night tonight! Yippee!

No comments: