Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ice out!

Yippee, for the most part all the snow in our yard is gone! There is one tiny area in the backyard that still has some, but other than that it looks like this:






The little post in the center of the picture is the remant of Christmas decorations that still need to be removed. The ground had been too frozen until now to even try to get it out of there in one piece.





The retaining wall made it through the winter beautifully.


I am feeling better now. Unfortunately on the weekend there must have been some powerful allergens outside. I felt terrible. I tried taking Cold Eez and Airborne to see if it would help. It did! I had remembered that I saw some allergy stuff at the grocery store when I was buying Airborne for the millionth time this winter. I was right:





It seems to be working so far.
We're still working on Churchill to be an outside guy. He is interested in the outdoors when I show him. The other day he almost went outside--but he didn't have a leash on, so I didn't want to leave him out there. I miss Jeffy. I didn't realize how much he kind of forced me to be outside in the yard this early in the year, because he wanted to be out there.
Knit Night is tonight! I have 21 repeats done on my shawl. I think I'm going to aim for there to be 30 overall (there were 15 in the original shawl). I'll have to see how big it is when I get that far.
Next week is spring break at UW Oshkosh. No wonder the students are getting kind of squirrely. I can't wait for them to be gone for a week. I need the break from them as much as they need a break.

No comments: