Monday, March 9, 2009

Snow, snow go away...

Ugh. We got 7.1 inches of snow yesterday. Paulette and I went out to shovel after the weather on the 10:00 news. We were out there until 11:15PM. I figured I was awake anyhow, and it was either shovel then or in the morning. I'm not a big fan of the getting up at the crack of dawn, so last night it was.


Saturday was a beehive of activity for me. Lucky Paulette got to stay home most of the day. I had: a hair appointment in the morning, a funeral in the afternoon and a dinner for the Democratic Party in the evening. I was happy to stay home on Sunday (except for going to church and the store, and of course, Starbucks). Unfortunately daylight savings time kind of messed up the day a little. I made up for it by taking a nap in the afternoon. Woo hoo.

I got some knitting done--not a lot, but some. I am now up to the 15th repeat on my shawl. If I was actually using the weight of yarn the pattern specifies, this would officially (in the pattern's eyes, anyhow) be my last pattern repeat.

Paulette and I had a fruitful trip on Friday to The Sow's Ear in Verona. Witness:






This is Harmony 100% merino wool laceweight. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is so finely spun it should be called "threadweight".





This is Blackberry Ridge laceweight--spun in Wisconsin! The picture shows it much more green than it actually is. It is more of an aqua color in real life. It's destined for the Summer Shawl in the book, "Knitted Lace of Estonia".
I tried to get Churchill to pose for the camera at lunch, but he was sleeping under Paulette's bed. My lunchtime entertainment consisted of this:


This is a shot of the movie, "The Glenn Miller Story", one of my favorite movies. Of course, I didn't have time to watch the whole movie. That's what DVRs are for. And this time I was lucky--I found it just as the credits were starting, so the whole movie is saved on my DVR!

No comments: