Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thirteen

Thirteen. That's the number of people we had at Knit Night last night at the Koeller Ave. Starbucks. We had to fight for chairs. In the end, we won. The attendees were: Sara, Paulette, Cheryl, Jodi, Margaret, Rachel (on spring break), Diane, Diana, Gail, Vicki, Patty, Ciara, and another woman whose name escapes me at the moment (sorry!). Click the links on the highlighted names to go to their websites. It was a good, but noisy night. We have a lot of talented knitters in our group. Lots of us are knitting lace. Vicki brought along her finished shawl. It is awesome and much more beautiful than it is on her blog. I thought about taking a picture, but it was too hard to get out of the circle of chairs to do that. Besides, I was knitting on my shawl.

If anyone is interested, there is an alpaca show, "Spring Bling Alpaca Show" in Neenah, WI this weekend, March 21-22. It's being held at the Tri County Arena, in Neenah (yeah, that rhymes!). Our fellow knit night knitter and alpaca farm owner, Patty Kandiko, will be participating. The hours are: Saturday, 6:45AM-5:30PM; Sunday, 8AM-2PM. I will probably try to get there on Sunday some time, since I have a meeting that lasts all day on Saturday. I'll have to hustle my bustle on Sunday, since the show ends at 2PM.

Only one more day of work this week. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I wish I could have been there to be number 14. Miss you guys!

Vicki said...

#13 was Sandy.

Thanks for the kind words about the shawl. Next week it'll be your lovely alpaca one that everyone is ohhing and ahhing over.