Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy blogiversary to me!

Two years. What a long time for me to blather on and on. For those of you who are reading, thanks for sticking with me.

And, so that you're not disappointed--here's more blather!
I am almost halfway on my newest sweater which I started over last Wednesday evening because the needles I was using were too big:





The pattern is #11 Lace tank from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2007. Not an easy pattern to find when you didn't buy the magazine. Gotta love the county library system.


I got a lot of knitting time in on it during our union convention this weekend (for the curious, AFSCME Council 24) in La Crosse. Churchill was my passenger for the car ride. I am proud of him for being such a good rider for the 3 hour drive there and back. He doesn't mind hotel rooms, but he was really glad to get home.


I won a prize in our retiree raffle (thanks for the tickets, Julie!). Here it is in it's new home in the Hoosier cabinet in our kitchen:




The appliance pictured is a Cuisinart blender/food processor. I was excited to win it. Apparently I appeared so excited to win it that my union brothers started calling me "blender girl". It is replacing two separate appliances--and this one has bigger capacity than the ones it is replacing.


I have broken in both the blender jar and the food processor jar. It makes nummy raspberry sherbet shakes. Mmmmmmmm.It also made short work of grating pecorino romano cheese for the four cheese ravioli in olive oil for supper last night.


Ah, this week is EAA week in Oshkosh. It takes a day or so to get used to the increased noise level of all the planes. I'm not complaining--I was an EAA member for a lot of years and have been to the convention too many times to count. Tonight at Knit Night we are expecting an EAA knitter. It should be interesting. I need to get there early to secure chairs for us, before the air show lets out. It's kind of hard to knit standing up.


Hope you all stick around to see what happens in the next year for the 3rd anniversary of my blog. Have a good day!

No comments: