Monday, July 20, 2009

On a mission

I was a woman on a mission at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair on Saturday. I was there for the fiber to spin. I found lots:



This pretty batt is merino, wool and firestar. I bought it a the booth of Sheepish Creations.
I bought some undyed merino at the Little Barn booth (two bags full, ha ha):



I don't know if I'll spin it white and dye it when the yarn is done or dye the fiber first. Maybe I'll leave it white. We'll see what happens when I get that far.
I also bought 4 ounces of bombyx silk fiber at the same booth:



I'm a sucker for the shiny stuff.

I also bought this fiber:



It's from the booth After the Sheep. The fiber is merino, bamboo and nylon. It's so soft and spins really nicely. I bought two braids of this. The dye lots look almost the same, but I think I am going to spin both and ply them together so that the yarn matches.






I couldn't wait to get home and spin this. It sure helps when you have fiber that wants to work with you! And my Golding spindle doesn't hurt either. I love it. It spins so long that I can get at least 18 inches spun before I have to wind it on.

I also bought some yarn:





The yarn is from Knitting Notions. Love the colors and it was on sale!

My shawl is coming along. Ten rows left and it's history.



I didn't get much knitting done in the car. I was looking at the scenery and navigating for Paulette.


The Fiber and Folk Art fair was fun. I would go again. There was lots more knitting and spinning stuff than quilting, pottery and basketry. There was a food court with yummy food. I had potato pancakes for lunch, topped off with a deep fried Twinkie for dessert. The Twinkie was good. It was the first time I had tried one. All the fried stuff made me sleepy on the ride home. All in all, a fun day!!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Sara didn't mention that she gifted me with a lovely spindle. I'll have her take a photo and post it. The day tired me out, dragging around my foot and it's cast. But I still had fun and bought yarn.

She also didn't mention the massive jams on the ramps that we encountered around Alpine Valley. Silly us, we didn't know that Dave Matthews was playing on Saturday night.