Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spindlicity

I bought Paulette a spindle at the Fiber and Folk Art Fair. Here are pics:







It is from Greensleeves Spindles. The "model" is Tom Foolery. The shaft is mahogany and the whorl is pieced bloodwood and pommel buhringer. That's my spinning on there. I had to try it out!

My shawl is done.






Believe it or not, the two skeins of Ella Rae laceweight were supposedly the same dye lot. I think it looks okay with the border a little different color, almost like I planned it that way. I thought about alternating skeins every couple of rows, but that seemed like a lot of work.
On to my next project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason when you have them all spread out when you are blocking, it reminds me of a swallowtail butterfly....It looks good with the slightly different border.....
Love,
Lora