Monday, April 21, 2008

Huh, it's Monday already?

Man, does the weekend ever go by fast sometimes.

I found circular needles at Iris. Phyllis made me sit down and try Addi lace needles. I am normally a bamboo needle person (Paulette calls me a needle snob because I usually hate metal needles), but those worked so well with the yarn I am going to make my shawl out of, that I bought them. I like the pointy tips and they are not really slippery like I thought they might be.

I also bought a stitch dictionary. Now I can design my own stuff. Oh joy.

Paulette and I got the yard all raked on Sunday. I started digging the garden beds along the really long fence line (our lot is 125 feet deep and the fence runs for most of it. You do the math. This means removing the grass that is there first. Paulette wanted to go rent a small rototiller, but I don't want to do that so close to the fence line. I don't want to risk disturbing the cement the posts are set into. Not after all that work.

Jeffy enjoyed his time outside as he usually does.

My gloves are going well. I have 3 1/2 fingers done so far. Soon I'll have a left glove.

No comments: