Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm Madison bound

I'm going to Madison this afternoon (well, she speaks this evening, but I need to get there and find a seat) to see the one and only Yarn Harlot at Borders Bookstore. I'm meeting Paulette, who is at a bargaining unit conference for our union there. She rode down with friends this morning. Yippee! I don't have a sock that I'm knitting (the Yarn Harlot likes socks--on DPNs) on but my gloves are still in progress.

On Saturday I was in Neenah for a convention and to try and make my day a little better, I stopped at Yarns By Design on Main Street on my way home. I bought the pattern for "Waves in the Square" shawl (you can look at it here). I also bought 2 skeins of Handmaiden Mini Maiden 5o% silk, 50% wool yarn to make it with in turquoise:



Still didn't get the Easter stuff down at home. There's always something else I end up doing. Maybe I'll have time on Sunday.

Paulette made it home from New Hampshire okay, where she was organizing for our union, AFSCME. She didn't even have time to get to a yarn store, which she is sad about. Apparently there are a lot of yarn stores in New Hampshire.

No comments: