Thursday, August 30, 2007

One more day until the weekend

I think I can make it to the weekend. Which only means more work for me. We have our Labor Day picnic for our Labor Council which means I get to work more on a day which is supposed to give laborers a rest. Whatever.

Knit Night was okay. Paulette and I were the only ones there--Margaret wasn't there. I hope nothing bad happened at home or something (her dog is really ill with cancer). We only stayed until 8:10PM because we were forced to sit in the regular hard chairs instead of the soft comfy chairs by a couple who was obviously on a first date. They weren't moving any time soon. The chairs were making our backs hurt. Talk about your dumb guys on a date. Paulette observed that every time she's seen someone who's obviously on a first date at Starbucks, the guy is always doing most of the talking. Why is that? Anyhow, our tolerance for dumb talk was sorely tested and we couldn't stand it any more so we went home. I am now past the ribbing on my sock.

I'm waiting for the custodians to come back so that I can finish moving the rest of the stuff back into the Slide Library. I hope it doesn't take them too long to get here. I just want to get it over with because I want to clean up in the Music Library before school starts next week.

No comments: