Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Whiteout

Gee, will the snow never end? Lucky for me, this morning while I was shovelling the front sidewalk for the second time in 24 hours, my savior from across the street came and snowblowed my entire driveway for me! I love my neighbors. We got 7 inches of snow yesterday. It's really slippery driving out there because it's so cold the ice melter won't work. There's sun today, so that should help some.

The snowpiles on either side of the driveway are so big I can hardly put snow on them any more. I guess they will need to be cut down to size. I hear there's a possible whopper storm coming either late this weekend or early next week. And, more snow this coming Friday. I would be thrilled if I had the time to go snowshoeing. Unfortunately, others have planned my entire weekend for me. I have 2 meetings on Saturday and 1 on Sunday afternoon. I need a vacation. I am thinking of perhaps taking vacation on Thursday to go out snowshoeing, if I can convince others to go with me. It's their own fault if they went to Memphis for a week.

On the knitting front, I am in the home stretch with my sister's socks. I am down to only the toe on the second one and then I am done.

No comments: