Saturday, February 23, 2008

Even more of a score!!

Went snowshoeing today again. This time Paulette and I went to Governor Nelson State Park between Waunakee and Middleton. Part of our motive was so that we could go to The Sow's Ear in Verona.

It was a warm day of snowshoeing. I wished I had a headband instead of a hat. Soooooo, being the knitterly person I am, I bought a skein of Noro Kureyon at the yarn store to make one. I even made up a pattern in the car on the way home. It's going to be based on the spiral rib hat I made and I am going to line it with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, to ward off the Noro scratchiness and to make it a little warmer in the ear area.

I also bought a skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk in the rose garden colorway. I love, love, love this yarn and have been secretly lusting after it for a while. I am going to make myself a lovely lace scarf with it. For those of you who are on Ravelry, check my queue for what pattern I am going to use for it. Will post pics of the new purchases tomorrow if I have time. I have slacked off enough today and really need to clean the house before I go to bed. So, ta ta for now!

No comments: