Friday, February 29, 2008

I made it!

Yippee, it's finally Friday. I made it through the week. And the weekend is my own to do whatever I want with. Oh joy!

Because there's a lot of snow left, and we got three more inches overnight, Paulette, her sister and I are going snowshoeing in Peninsula State Park in Door County. And then to lunch in Fish Creek and in search of yarn shops after that. Gotta find the yarn stores.

My headband is finished:



To keep the cast off edge stretchy, I used a sewn bind off. Every other bind off stitch, I picked up a stitch from the back of the Noro part of the headband, to keep the lining and outside together. It sure feels warm! It'll probably get a test drive tomorrow.

I started the pink Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted mittens on my break:



I was going to use a pattern with a cable up the back of the hand, but decided this yarn was too busy for that and went with a plain mitten.

I sure am cranking the knitted items out. No wonder I'm tired.

Jeffy has the right idea--when in doubt, nap!