Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fargo on the Fox

Welcome to Fargo on the Fox:


Those are ice shanties out on Lake Winnebago. It's sturgeon spearing time.

I prefer other winter pursuits, such as snowshoeing, which was very lovely yesterday--the snow was all marshmallow-y and puffy. We were the first ones on the trail. Breaking trail is really hard work and it's easy to get lost if you don't know where you're going. It was so pretty out. We went to Kettle Moraine State Forest and left from the Greenbush picnic area.

We also went to yarn stores in the afternoon! Observe my purchases:

The yarn on the left is Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted and the yarn on the right is Koigu. I plan on making boot socks out of the Lorna'a Laces, because it's cold here and I just like the stuff on the the left and I have been looking at that colorway since fall. I guess the time was right to buy it. I also bought size 10 Crystal Palace 9 inch needles and the new Interweave Knits magazine.

Today we (Paulette and I) are destined for Fox River Mall and Barnes and Noble in Appleton. I need Clinique stuff from Younkers and I want to look for the new Piecework magazine at the bookstore. My car needs warming up--it's currently -9 outside. Brrrrrrrrr. It was really cold going to church this morning.

Here's a picture of Jeffy in Mardi Gras finery:



I started knitting a new scarf yesterday:



It's made out of Fortissima Socka Colori. I bought the beads at Hobby Lobby (6/0 seed beads) and strung them on nylon beading thread to transfer them to the yarn. I bought out the blue ones they had, and I randomly mixed in some patriotic ones that I also bought.
Well, better go now. Lunch and more shopping beckons! Stay warm everyone. Knit more warm stuff and put it all on at once.

No comments: