Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Primary day diversions

It's a cold February 19 here in Wisconsin, AKA Primary Day. CNN is attempting to scoop everyone by declaring winners in the primary races here. The polls have only been closed about 20 min. now. We won't know the REAL results for a while. It drives me nuts when the networks do this. (At least they have to good sense to project that the guy I voted for , Barack Obama, is winning)

On top of everything, my back hurts something fierce today from all the snow shoveling. I stayed home from work because of it (except to leave the house to vote and, of course, get a mocha). When I could find a comfortable way to sit, I got lots of knitting done:



The scarf is currently 41 inches long. I'm shooting for around 66-70 inches.

I got a yarn ball winder for Valentine's Day from Paulette. I put it to it's first use this evening.

This sure beats winding by hand! Woo hoo. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Multi, soon to be mittens for me. I'm making them to go with the above scarf and the hat I mentioned a couple of days ago.

Welcome to the tunnel of snow AKA our driveway:



Our driveway is about 100 feet long. We've had 65 inches of snow since Dec. 1. No wonder my back hurts.

No comments: