Monday, March 3, 2008

Smokin' fingers!

Geez, my fingers are smokin'. I finished one whole mitten yesterday. The pair is done.



Now I have moved on to the boot socks I wanted to make. The pattern is Railroad Rib socks by Evelyn Clark. I believe it's a Fiber Trends pattern. I'm using Lorna's Laces superwash worsted in the Tuscany colorway on size 5 needles (DPNs, of course!).



This is what I got done on my break and on my lunch. These should go fast!

Not much else exciting today. There are students in the Music Library listening to music for a class. At least, for the moment, they are not listening to it so loud it's like sensoround and rattles my office window. I think they're listening to their IPods way too loud and losing their hearing sometimes.

Tomorrow I am off work to go to a political action committee meeting for our union in Madison and on Wednesday I am going to ride on a bus with my union brothers and sisters to our annual Lobby Day at the state capital, again in Madison. Lots of knitting time on the bus and as an added bonus, it's also Knit Night that evening! Tomorrow after my meeting I want to go to the Sow's Ear in Verona to get some more Noro to make fingerless mitts. They'll be great for those lit drops on chilly days.

No comments: