Friday, March 28, 2008

Scarf progress

Here's the progress on my lace scarf:




It's slow going, but it's worth it.

I think I will look at Iris tomorrow to see if they have the book, "A gathering of lace". I looked at it the last time I was there looking for glove patterns and drooled over the patterns in the book--all of them.

I have about 200 yards of Alpaca Sox yarn left from my gloves (I weighed it on my kitchen scale). I think I would like to make a scarf to go with them. I hope I have enough yarn. It doesn't have to be a long scarf, since I am just going to wear it with my leather jacket. I am thinking of this pattern perhaps:

http://gonnapurl.blogspot.com/2006/01/scarf-patterns.html

We'll see what happens.

I think I would actually like to finish the quilt I am hand quilting (for 5 years now!) for my bed. I drew the quilting pattern myself because I couldn't find one I liked. It's vined morning glories. I hope that when my quilting guidelines are washed away that you can tell what the design is.

Here's an example of the piecing pattern:


Mine is all in soft pastels--really pretty.

I want to paint my bedroom this coming month in a soft aqua and this quilt has a beautiful aqua in it. When that one's all done, I have a wall quilt I want to make to hang over my bed that's all striped material, something I've been wanting to do for like, forever. I have all the materials for the wall quilt--all I have to do is cut it out and sew it. I am thinking of machine quilting that (which I have never done before) to speed things up. We'll see what happens with that in the end. I'm all about the hand quilting.

No comments: