Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jeffy and Churchill are participating in the wearing o' the green today:


I finished my fingerless gloves on Friday, AKA Lit mitts:



Then, I started these gloves:


They're made out of Classic Elite Alpaca Sox yarn, with 1.5 US DPN needles. The pattern is Golden Bracelets in the book, Knitting new mittens and gloves, by Robin Melanson. I heavily edited the pattern for me. I left out the Fair Isle band and added a lace edging (from the Waving Lace socks in Interweave Press' book 25 Favorite Socks). I wanted them plain both because it's my first pair of gloves and because of the patterning in the yarn. Gloves are really fun to knit!!

Update on the land o' potholes--this morning when I was getting ready for work, city workers were filling in the great swath of sinkholes in front of our house. They ran out of patch mix and had to go for more. I told you they were really big.

We had a busy day on Saturday. First we went to a meeting in the morning in Fond du Lac. Then we went up to Appleton because Iris was having a sale, where I bought this yarn:


I don't know what I'm going to use the RYC Soft Lux in pink metallic for. I just liked it. I think I may make some more gloves with the Jaeger Roma in light blue. We'll see what happens.
Back to Saturday... after we were done at Iris, we stopped at home to feed the cats and get the bags of candy for the St. Patrick's Day parade in Fond du Lac that we were marching in with our friend Jessica King, who's running for state senator in the 18th Wisconsin State Senate district. Then we went to Peg Lautenschlager's house (our former AG) for dinner with everyone from the parade and then we went to Jef Hall's (Jef is our county Democratic party chair) house in Oshkosh for a St. Pat's party. I was pretty tired at the end of the day. Yesterday I went to church and Starbucks. I spent the rest of the day knitting.
Tonight is slated for putting up the Easter stuff. I was going to do it yesterday, but the gloves I was knitting wouldn't let me.
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

No comments: