Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yarn store fun

Paulette and I hit the local yarn stores yesterday.

In a fit of aqua goodness, I bought this at Yarns by Design in Neenah:



I went there to find aqua fingering weight yarn to make lace gloves from the book, A Gathering of Lace. As you can see, I was successful. I bought the Lorna's Laces Angel (the teeny skein on the left) because I love it and have been looking at it for a while now and also I thought maybe it would be good to trim gloves or mittens. The Smooshy just came home with me.

We also went to Iris Fine Yarns (we actually went here first). I started looking there for the Gathering of Lace book and yarn to make gloves with. Here's what came home with me:



I bought the cream Trekking Pro Natura sock yarn to make lace gloves with. I bought the pale pink Misti Alpaca to make a lace shawl with.
I also bought some 5" size 0s to knit glove fingers with.
The Gathering of Lace book is just GORGEOUS!! I want to make a lot of the projects in there. Paulette and I went halfsies on it, so we each only paid $15 for it at Iris. There is one lace shawl in there that is just plain nuts. The skill level on it is marked as "adventurous". Not for me! The charts for it are very teeny.
Paulette bought some lovely 9" rosewood size 8s there. We can't remember what brand they are because Paulette is waiting for them to order the case for them that they were supposed to be in. These are the silkiest needles to knit with. Some of them come with sterling silver accents.
My Sea Silk lace scarf is just humming along. I should have it almost halfway done by the time I go to bed tonight.

No comments: