Thursday, March 6, 2008

For your personal entertainment...

Last night at our knitting group, Margaret was complaining that folks aren't keeping up with their blogs for her personal entertainment. So, here's one for you, Margaret. Even though at the moment I don't feel real entertain-y.

Why the mood, you ask? Well, lemme tell ya..... got a few minutes? One of my bosses is trying to pressure me into potential copyright violations concerning digitizing the contents of the Slide Library. He is offering a typical Big Brother answer to try and pacify me that the "Executive Committee" knows all about the copyright issues (do not!) and that I shouldn't be concerned about them--at all. Yeah, whose ass is it who'll get fined for willfull copyright infringment (to the tune of $750,000 per infraction) if we get caught? Being the only person who is in the Slide Library, I have quickly realized I need backup to fight against the faculty dummies who want me to do this. What do art department faculty know about copyright....geez! If it was their work, they'd be all over that. But if it's someone else's, nah, that's no big deal!

I'm sure this saga will continue indefinately, since the whole scheme was sprung upon me 1 1/2 weeks ago by surprise that I am to immediately do this after I've been asking for 5 years if we could explore our options in this regard. But now I'm supposed to accomplish it without any planning. Just because you can buy a new computer and scanner is no reason to just scan away with no thought of the consequences. I was painfully reminded of this sort of thing on Tuesday when I was driving to Madison. Just because your car can go faster than the speed limit, if you get caught, it's going to cost you money. $236 of money. I've had a bad two weeks. Sorry for the rambling.
Look at the pretty yarn and make it all go away:

Peace Fleece pretty. Peace Fleece peaceful. Want to crawl into the skein of Peace Fleece and hide for a week. With my knitting, of course.

Wednesday was a much better day--the bus driver could take his chances with the weather and State Patrol. Got bus knitting done:





Jeffy, can I snuggle up with you the rest of the week? I'm tired (but apparently, not as tired as Brett Favre!).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Sara,
I am so very sorry to hear about the speeding ticket and the bullying boss and then Brett's retirement on top of that. Yep, a triple downer. But, bad things come in threes, so you are due for some good luck now. hugs, Colorado Jennifer